The Microsoft Authenticator app allows you to use your smartphone for Multi-factor Authentication (MFA). This article will show you how to install the Authenticator app on your Android smartphone and register it to your CWC or MCS account.
1. Open the Play Store on your device.
2. Type "Microsoft Authenticator" in the search box, and select the Microsoft Authenticator entry that appears in the list.
3. Tap the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions to download the Microsoft Authenticator app.
4. Once the app has finished downloading, tap the Open button.
5. Tap OK to confirm the Data Privacy Prompt.
6. Next, tap Skip to continue.
7. Tap Skip to continue again.
8. Finally, tap Add Work Account.
9. You may be prompted to permit the Authenticator app to access your camera. If so, grant the necessary permissions.
10. The QR code scanning window will appear. Point your phone's camera at the QR code shown on your computer screen, and the code will be automatically recognized by the Authenticator app.
11. Once your account is shown in the main Authenticator window as shown below, you are ready to proceed with setup as shown on your computer screen.