The Microsoft Authenticator app allows you to use your smartphone for Multi-factor Authentication (MFA). This article will show you how to install the Authenticator app on your Apple (iOS) smartphone and register it to your CWC or MCS account.
1. Open the App Store on your device.
2. Type "Microsoft Authenticator" in the search box, and select the Microsoft Authenticator entry that appears in the list.
3. Tap the Get button and follow the on-screen instructions to download the Microsoft Authenticator app.
4. Once the app has finished downloading, tap Open.
5. On the first screen that appears, choose Skip to continue.
6. On the second screen that appears, choose Skip to continue as well.
7. Finally, tap Add work account.
8. Tap OK to grant the Authenticator app permission to access your camera. This is needed to capture the QR code shown on your computer screen.
9. The QR code scanning window will appear. Point your phone's camera at the QR code shown on your computer screen, and the code will be automatically recognized by the Authenticator app.
10. Once your account is shown in the main Authenticator window as shown below, you are ready to proceed with setup as shown on your computer screen.